Alive For Wellness offers the Traumatic Stress Recovery Program (TSRP) for individuals suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). This program includes multi-disciplinary clinic services approved for Veterans Affairs Canada. Incidents that can put individuals at risk for PTSD include serious physical injuries, combat exposure for soldiers, motor vehicle accidents, robberies, violence or assaults, bullying or harassment, and exposure to trauma for first responders and health care providers.
Our 13 week TSRP residential and after care program is offered in Kelowna, BC, and is also available to outpatients. The maximum number of participant is six individuals per group who stay at the Alive Wellness Centre for 2 weeks , return home for one week, come back for 2 weeks, and complete a 2 month after care program while back home.
The TSRP program includes scientifically supported treatments like Self Regulation Therapy (SRT), Biofeedback, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), while offering a strong educational component to assist participants in understanding their experiences. The TSRP also includes: Art Therapy, Pet Therapy, Yoga, Mindfulness, and Cardiovascular activities.
The TSRP offers a strong educational component to assist participants in understanding their experiences. The TSRP can also assist participants with return to work planning or in identifying a suitable career goal or provide on- the-job coaching.
The interdisciplinary team consists of Registered Psychologists, Registered Clinical Counsellors, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Consulting Psychiatrists, Physicians and Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists and Mentors.
The TSRP also includes:
- Individual and Group Treatment
- Educational Materials
- 27/7 Crisis Line
- Health Wellness Portal
- Two months of After Care Program
- Peer Support
- Recreational Activities
- Bring Your Spouse Option
- Community Reintegration
Feedback, from our TSRP graduates, demonstrates an extremely high level of client satisfaction and program effectiveness in overcoming and addressing PTSD symptoms.
- Clients can be referred to the Clinic by:
- Medical Doctors,
- Clinical Counselors,
- Occupational Therapists,
- Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
- Veteran Affairs Canada,
- Canadian Forces or RCMP.
- Crime Victim Assistance
- CPP Disability
- Workers Composition Boards
- Short-term and Long Term Insurance and
- other qualified insurance representatives
- Retired Canadian Forces or retired RCMP: Speak with Veterans Affairs Canada National Client Contact Centre at: English: 1-866-522-2122 French: 1-866-522-2022
- Current members of the RCMP: Contact your Health Services Officer or RCMP Psychologist.
- Regular and Reserve Members of Canadian Forces: Contact your Medical Officer or Social Worker on the Base to discuss your concern.